Monday, January 22, 2007

It Gets a Face

January 19, 2007


Well, I've just about done it: gotten this blog up to date.

Last week the front of the house really started to get some form and the first peek at how it's going to look:





After some delays, the first floor plumbing was started. When the plumber came he found that the trap in the garage floor drain was draining slowly. The inspector who checked out the pipes before I got the place had the same problem. We decided to have him replace it for $500. I didn't really want to do that because I don't foresee myself using this drain much, but considering the drain is about to be permanently encased in concrete.... it's probably a good idea.



Here's the view from the front of the second floor looking towards the back:



And looking from the middle of the second floor towards the front. The right window will be part of the bathroom and sectioned off by a wall and door.



Remember the neighbors who delayed the start of construction by about 9.5 months costing me bunches of rent money and lawyer fees? Well, check out their "great view" that my house is blocking:



Ummm.... yeah, somehow I think they're gonna live.

No comments: