Monday, January 15, 2007

The Real Planning Begins


One thing I realized I haven't discussed up to this point is my mom's exact role in the project.
She works for Tai + Lee Architects and although not technically an architect she does most things a "real" architect does. Without her help and knowledge, none of this would have been possible (at least not with spending tens of thousands of dollars), and the end result would've been far less personal.

Although my mom and I had a pretty good idea of how the floor plan and general layout of the garage was going to be, now that we had the final legal approval it was start ironing out the details of the floor plans. Some of the big items in this area were:
  • Window selection and layout
  • Exterior siding type
  • Flooring
  • Skylight positioning
Next I'm going to post the final specs which we submitted with the architectural drawings to contractors to get bids.

No comments: