Saturday, April 28, 2007

I'm Pissed

This cork floor's been nothing but hassle.

I was planning on doing this:

Buuuut,
I was told they should, but the tongue and groove on the two types of correct cork don't fit together.
-this means I can't do a pattern like I'd wanted, and I don't have enough cork to do the entire floor in one color type either
-I won't get to use the night cork, which I liked the most
-my plan is to put the one cork down that I have the most of in the living room/kitchen and hope that they have more of this type left so that I can finish my room with it

Despite the fact that I feel like they should, I don't really see any chance of the company that sold me this paying $550 to ship it back to them, then give me the newer, almost identical new cork (which costs more) and paying $550 to ship that back. I don't see any other way that this could be "made right". I don't want to cut the tongue and groove off, because then the edges of the cork would not be solid all the way through to the ground and could break or dent when weight's applied to it.

No comments: