Monday, April 16, 2007

A Paintful Weekend

(forgive the bad title pun... I couldn't resist)

This weekend sure was tough, but fun in the end. Friday night I stayed home so I could wake up at 9am and begin painting the main living areas. I met my mom down to the garage around 9:30 where we started taping off/covering the doors, tubs, etc. It took a little while to get things going, but once we did, we made some good progress. Matt, Nisan, and Brandon were some of the first helpers. Later Ash, Joe, Brian, Geoff, and probably somebody else that I can't recall just right now came and helped put the primer on. The primer was fairly sloppy... and as a result, by the end of the day I was covered in white paint.

Here's a little video of the paint being poured:



And here's Nisan rolling the first paint:

After a lot of people left, I was getting ready to pack things up around 6:30/7 when I got a second wind. Geoff and Ike Jones came to help more, so I just kept goin.

Around 9 it was time to call it quits. I warshed ahht the rollers n'at and headed home for a shower and to chill for a second. Geoff then came and got me and we went to Flux, and then to the Beehive for after hours. I walked home (a mile up the hill), slept for 6 hours, then woke up for more painting today! Weeeeeee!

Today was extremely productive though. The real paint goes on a lot thicker and is a lot stickier, hence it doesn't splatter all over the place like the primer. We allllmost got 2 coats done today, thanks to a lot of hard work from Zack, Brandon, Nick, Molly, Andy, Ger, Emily, my Mom and Dad, and about 15 minutes from Dave.

The biggest thing is for us to get the upstairs painted so that the tile in the bathroom can go in, and then the cork flooring this upcoming weekend. As far as painting the rest of the place... it's going to take a while! The inside downstairs area isn't so bad, but the drywall on the garage
walls and cieling is going to be a serious undertaking... not entirely sure how that's gonna work :P

Ok, time for bed now.

No comments: